It is a fact that physical activity increases your mental wellbeing. The reason for this is that when you exercise, your body releases endorphins which help to lift your mood and also help you to relax. With this in mind, let’s have a look at some other things that might help you within the working environment.
- Try to breathe properly. When you feel stressed or anxious, take deep breaths, you will find that you will feel calmer and more relaxed.
- Try and look at the positives in and around your workplace. As well as this it is advised that you go out and get some fresh air on your breaks as it can be quite refreshing. If you are already working outdoors, try and get a change of scene. A new look in the office can be a huge boost to everyone’s morale, so why not suggest this. Also a change in office furniture can be a huge boost as it will change your environment. Why not ask for a new office swivel chair? Perhaps an ergonomic desk or ergonomic chair?
- Keep challenging or stressful situations in perspective, it is never a bad as it seems. Learn to look at the successes rather than give yourself a hard time about all the things that you did not manage to achieve that particular day, dwelling on these will bring your mood down.
- Make sure that you get a good night’s sleep. Having a good rest will not only give you energy and put you in a better mood, it will also put you in a better frame of mind. If you do regular hours each week, then try to aim to go to bed at the same time every night.
- Make sure that you use up your paid holidays. This will help you to relax and recharge ready to go back to work.
If you take all of these points into account during your working day, whether you sit on an office chair in front of a desk or workstation or you work outdoors, you will find that you will feel better about your job hopefully your life.